Please click below for updated COVID-19 protocols.
*PLAYING IN THE SAND 2022: As COVID-19 continues to impact international travel and live events, we ask that all attendees remain mindful of their exposure risk in the weeks prior to travel. Creating a safe, comfortable experience for all guests, artists, and staff remains the highest priority for CID Presents.
With this in mind, all of the following four requirements will apply to all Playing in the Sand 2022 guests:
• Proof of COVID-19 vaccination before departure;
• Negative COVID-19 PCR test no more than 96 hours prior to check in;
• Antigen test administered at check in; AND
• Additional antigen test for departure.
BEFORE YOU GO
• Upload proof of full vaccination against COVID-19
• You’ll need to have received the 2nd Moderna, Pfizer, or AstraZeneca shot, or the single Johnson & Johnson shot at least 14 days prior to arrival
• Upload proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test result
• Administered by an official testing site within 96 hours prior to check in
• Information on where to upload your vaccination card and negative PCR test will be communicated in the coming weeks.
WHILE YOU'RE HERE
• Upon arrival at Moon Palace, an antigen test will be administered at check-in. There will be no additional cost for these tests.
• Per CDC Order , airlines currently require proof of a negative COVID-19 test for entry back into the United States. This antigen test must be taken no more than 3 days prior to departure and documents must be shown prior to boarding. Please note the Moon Palace provides two departure rapid antigen tests per room at no charge. If you have more than two people in your room, there will be a surcharge of $19 per additional test. Guests will need to schedule their departure test directly with the resort. If CDC guidelines change before the event we may update this requirement in line with any new guidelines, which will be communicated to you.
We appreciate your commitment to these policies as we make every effort to keep the Playing in the Sand community healthy
and safe. Throughout your stay, a number of enhanced sanitation and preventative measures will also be enforced by our friends at Moon Palace Cancún, and can be reviewed here . If you have not done so already, you should consider purchasing travel insurance. Our partners at Wanderwell may provide coverage for certain scenarios including COVID-19 related illness that might prevent you from joining us in Mexico. For details, click here .
We look forward to welcoming you to the beach in 2022! For more information please visit PlayingInTheSand.com
Q: What happens if I arrive without proof of vaccination AND a negative PCR test??
A: You will be denied entry to the event without a refund.
Q: If I am unvaccinated, can I still attend with proof of a negative PCR test?
A: No. All adult guests must provide proof of a negative PCR test AND proof of full vaccination prior to arrival. Unvaccinated children under the age of 12 may still attend the event but will need to show proof of negative Antigen test daily and there must be 24 hours between each test. Guests will be responsible for this testing cost of $19 per day. We are monitoring the CDC guidelines regarding children vaccination which may influence our policy.
Q: What happens if I test positive for COVID-19 before arrival? Will I get a refund?
A: No. Package refunds will not be given to guests who test positive for COVID-19. We recommend purchasing travel insurance from a third party that covers COVID-19 related illnesses.
Q: What happens if my PCR results do not arrive before my departure?
A: You will not be allowed to check into the event until you have received your PCR test results.
Q: What if I have a medical condition that may exempt me from getting vaccinated?
A: Please contact Guest Services to discuss your options.
Q: How will vaccination and negative COVID-19 test results be confirmed?
A: Proof of full vaccination and negative COVID-19 PCR test results will need to be uploaded to a secure site prior to arrival. More information will be released closer to the event.
Q: What type of PCR test is accepted?
A: You must provide proof of a negative PCR test prior to checking into the event. Antigen tests are not accepted for this negative verification. All PCR test types are accepted including a Saliva PCR test. Self-administered PCR tests are acceptable if they are sent to a laboratory.
Q: Will I be required to wear a face mask at the event?
A: Face masks will be required during transportation (to and from the airport as well as on any adventure transportation) and during check-in. Masks are also required by the Moon Palace in all common areas inside the resort. Masks are encouraged but not required during the rest of the event.
Q: What COVID-19 precautions and policies can I expect at the resort?
A: The Moon Palace COVID-19 measures can be reviewed here . Please check the Purely Palace website for the most up to date resort policy as it is subject to change.
Q: Where can I get a free PCR test prior to arrival?
A: You can review testing options for your state here . For anyone arriving to Mexico prior to the event, you can find a Cancun local PCR testing center here .
Q: Do I have to pay for any of the on-site arrival or departure testing?
A: The antigen test administered upon arrival will be no cost to guests. Two rapid antigen tests are provided per room for departure to the U.S. Guests will need to schedule their departure test time directly with the resort. If you have more than two people per room, there will be a surcharge of $19 per additional test. If you have a multi-room package (Family Connected, Two Bedroom Presidential, Villas) you will receive two antigen tests per room.
Q: What happens if I test positive for COVID-19 during or at the end of the event?
A: You can review Moon Palace’s Purely Palace policies here . Package refunds will not be given to guests who test positive for COVID-19. We strongly recommend purchasing travel insurance from a third party that covers COVID-19 related illnesses.
Q: What happens if the 2022 event is canceled due to COVID-19?
A: In the event of a full cancellation for any reason, a refund will be issued on the credit card used to purchase your package. Please Note: Only guests with a valid package in good standing on payments would be eligible to receive a refund if the event was canceled.
Q: Is a departure antigen test required if I’m traveling somewhere besides the United States?
A: A departure antigen test is required to board a plane back to the United States. If your destination country does not require a negative antigen test it is not necessary to take the test. Check the requirements of your destination here .
|There are no events scheduled at this time|